Cryolipolysis, commonly referred to as fat freezing, is a nonsurgical fat reduction procedure that uses cold temperature to reduce fat deposits in certain areas of the body. The procedure is designed to reduce localized fat deposits or bulges that do not respond to diet and exercise.
What are the advantages of cryolipolysis?
There are many advantages to cryolipolysis:
- No surgical incision is required.
- It is a low risk procedure. There is no risk of infection.
- The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis.
- Patients do not need to be sedated or anesthetized before undergoing the procedure.
- More than one area of the body may be treated in a single session.
- Most people can resume their normal daily activities immediately after treatment.
- The procedure can be performed on people of all ages.
- There is no damage to nerve fibers, blood vessels, muscles, or lasting damaging to skin in the treatment area.
- Fat cells that have been damaged or destroyed are permanently removed from the body.
- Patients may experience an increase in self-esteem due to an improvement in their appearance.